Tile is a popular material for floors, countertops, and backsplashes. With so many different types of tile out there, the choices can be a bit overwhelming. The experts at Floor Coverings International KC South love glass tile due to its translucency and beautiful color options. Read all about the different looks, benefits, and drawbacks of glass tile below:
All About Glass Tile
There are thousands of different finishes of glass tile available, anywhere from shiny to a more textured finish. One benefit of glass tile is that it can help make a room look larger due to the light it reflects. Since glass is very delicate, it’s not a do-it-yourself project. Not all glass is suitable for floor traffic, but our trained design associates can help you select the perfect glass for your flooring that will hold up well to traffic.
Benefits of Glass Tile
- Glass is available in a wide variety of different shapes, sizes, colors, and amounts of translucency. It’s great for adding a unique look to your home!
- It can be used on your floors, countertops, or backsplashes.
- Glass tiles are durable and easy to maintain. They are resistant to mold and mildew, and all you need to do is clean up spills with a basic cleaner.
Drawbacks of Glass Tile
- Glass is one of the pricier tile options, so it might not be ideal for every project. Some homeowners decide to mix glass with a cheaper tile option such as ceramic to create a unique look.
- It’s very delicate and can easily break if not installed correctly.
Whether you’re interested in installing a glass tile kitchen backsplash or bathroom flooring, give us a call! Schedule your free in-home design consultation where we bring the samples right to your door.