Berber carpeting is primarily seen in commercial spaces and businesses because it holds up really well to high volumes of traffic. Today, it is available in even more colors and styles, making it a great option for homes as well! Berber works great in areas of the home that will receive a lot of wear and tear, such as a child’s bedroom or the living room. Learn all about the different benefits of Berber carpet from the experts at Floor Coverings International KC South below!
About Berber Carpet
This style of carpet originated with the Berber people of North Africa and featured different looping techniques, motifs, colors, and patterns. These rugs often told a story or identified a tribe in their coloring and design. Today, Berber carpet refers to any carpet with a loop pile design.
In loop pile carpeting, the looped fibers are left in tact. Cut pile is the other type of carpet style. This is where the loops are cut, which creates an even surface.
Benefits of Berber Carpet
- Durable: Berber’s low pile height and loop pile construction make it a very durable carpet weave. This is particularly true when it is created from wool or nylon fibers.
- Trackless: Footprints and vacuum marks won’t show up on Berber carpet.
- Easy to Maintain: Due to the looped fibers, it is generally easier to clean and maintain. Spills and stains don’t sink into the fibers as quickly, and dirt doesn’t get trapped as easily. Keep your floors clean with weekly vacuuming.
- Price: Berber is a very budget-friendly carpet option. When you take into account the benefits, it is definitely one of the best value carpets out there.
- Style: It’s available in a wide variety of colors that will look great in any room of the house.
Carpet Experts in Overland Park
If you’re ready to install Berber carpet in your Overland Park home, give us a call! Schedule your free in-home design consultation where we bring the samples right to your door. We proudly serve the greater Overland Park, Olathe, Leawood areas and look forward to working with you!