Wool carpet is made from the hair of sheep and is a beautiful addition to any Kansas City South home. Wool is one of the pricier carpet options due to its insulating and moisture wicking qualities. Compared to other animal hair or fur, the hair of sheep grows in a crimped and elastic fashion, making it ideal for trapping and holding heat. Learn more about the many different benefits of wool carpeting below.
Benefits of Wool Carpeting
- Wool is an environmentally friendly flooring option. Sheep hair is a sustainable resource and also a biodegradable material.
- Like most carpet options, wool is available in a wide variety of colors and styles.
- Wool provides insulation and resists moisture. This helps to keep your house warm and your floor free of mold.
- Wool is made of opaque fibers, which helps to hide dirt better than other carpet options.
- It’s a very durable carpet option while also feeling thick and soft underfoot.
Your Kansas City South Carpet Experts
Although wool does hide dirt well, it is not stain-resistant. When liquids stain the carpet, it is difficult to remove. Learn more about the benefits and drawbacks of wool carpeting during your free in-home design consultation with Floor Coverings International KC South! Our trained design associates will work with you to select the perfect carpet flooring for your unique home and budget. They’ll even provide a free proposal and estimate. We proudly serve the greater Overland Park, Olathe, Leawood areas.
Photo Credit: Oleg Golovnev